Pages

09 September 2008

Mailbox love

School started here last week which is always one of the busiest weeks of the year for me so I haven't had much blog reading or posting time but I have high hopes of catching up this week :)
In addition my air conditioner broke on Friday and my weekend was consumed with avoiding the heat and since my computer is in the hottest part of the house I didn't get near it! We got the new one installed yesterday afternoon so I am a much happier camper now!
Well I've been a slow poke posting these. But a little while ago I was the happy recipient of 2 surprise packages. The first came from Sharon and had all these cute goodies in it.
Thank you Sharon!! I love it all. The apple is my first fall pincushion out this year :) Look at that cute little lady bug !The second came from Carol and had this cute sewing machine cover. I think she must have somehow known that this is what had been covering up my machine until now...And some cute notepads and a pen which I put to immediate use! Thank you Carol :)
This last one was not a surprise since I ordered it for myself :) But I really wanted to put cupcake annie in the kitchen with kitchen annie but it was lonely in my sewing room without her so I needed sewing annie :) Thanks Nicole, now all is well (for now anyway) on the annie front :)Now I'm off to the post office to send out some mailbox love of my own. I'll leave you with a peek at some stuff I've been working on.I finally made that baby quilt with the lovely Cherry Baby fabrics from Lakehouse.
Just basic squares from Fresh Air by ModaI finally used my Friends and Flowers jelly roll. This is for the Jelly Roll challenge over at Hanne's. She's has extended the deadline to Oct. 5th (I think) so there's still time to sign up if you want! I finished it just in time too. Sunday when I walked into my local quilt shop (Memory Lane) Chris, the owner (who is now one of my most favorite people in the world!!) reached behind the counter and said "I think I have something that is just you" and she pulled out a stack of the newest ME-- Recipe for Friendship....she had gotten it at market and was going to make a sample but when she realized there wasn't time she saved it for me!!!! I 've been drooling over it every night and planning all the wonderful things I want to make with it! Later today I'm going to get to work using some fun new Halloween fabric I found while avoiding the heat this weekend.
Have a great week!!