Pages

01 August 2008

More Quilt Festival

I found the missing photo's from Quilt Festival!!! I'm bummed though because out of my 3-4 favorite booths I apparently didn't get pictures from one :( Last post I posted the pictures of the Quilt Soup booth (I was rushing through that post and I forgot to mention that) I love Barbara's patterns and bought 2...I went back so many times debating whether or not to get the kit for this: I have so many of the fabrics already that I hated to repeat them, so I just have to search for the oranges mainly. The picture really doesn't do this quilt justice! Her eye for color is amazing!
Brenda of Little Acorn is also a favorite designer. I have her book Comfort and Joy and her new one is on my wish list. Her hand-dyed wool is gorgeous I don't even do anything with wool and I needed one in every color :) I am planning on a class at Country Loft just to learn what to do with it! Her booth was pure eye-candy!
The booths were so crowded it was really hard to get decent pictures. I don't know what it is but I think most of my favorite designers are from Arizona...maybe all that sunshine. Another favorite booth was Quilted Quickies:
I bought her book, Quilted Potpourri, and it's full of cute stuff. One of my favorite local shops-Cozy Quilts-was there and I totally neglected to take any pictures, I guess because I'm always in there...still I feel bad, they had a great booth. They were showcasing the new bali pops by Hoffman-I will just have to go in and take some pictures in the shop. The other booth that was a favorite was The Vintage Spool, Verna was so sweet and when I told her how much I admired her patterns but that I was applique phobic she asked where did I live and then recommended a local teacher whose method she thought I'd like. Her quilts are amazing and I'm sad that I didn't take any pictures. Here's Sowing Sisters another San Diego shop that specializes in Kaffe Fasset/Amy Butler type fabric.And some misc. pictures of stuff I liked. This was an amazing quilt in person...lots of sparkle
I loved all the creative ideas using wool felt balls at Artgirlz--I just wish I had taken more than one picture
O.k. I think that's it for booths. All the vendors were so sweet about picture taking, I asked permission and told them it would be on a blog and without exception they all said yes. So many nice people at this show. Now for some of the show quilts. There was one section where we couldn't take pictures, very well marked, I wanted to take a picture just to show all the "no picture" taking signs but that could have been misconstrued so I refrained :) So many beautiful quilts and unfortunately my battery started to die at the end but here are some of them.
This one was made of tiny squares each representing one pixel of a photo of The Last Supper
This one really looked like an oil painting because of the texture the quilting gave it (double click it to enlarge)

I have to show you my latest fabric crush :) Ava Rose by Grand Revival-yummy!and this vintage kitchen print by Michael Miller
2 new books I've been enjoying
And I finished quilting Sunshineand my beach quilt ( and it went camping with me).
I love the border fabric, I just wish I had bought more so I could have made it bigger.I have been having the hardest time deciding on a border for my Hopscotch quilt and then at festival I saw this one similar (you can see it the back far corner) with a picket fence border and I knew that was just what it needed. So that's what I'm off to finish working on now.